Hello and Welcome to my blog! I am quite new to this, so I hope you'll bear with me until I figure out exactly how it all works (wishful thinking?). In the mean time, I will try to keep my blog updated as best I can! Thank you for stopping by!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Love, Ice Cream, and Blessings

"Our hours in love have wings; in absence, crutches."                ~Colley Cibber

     Six days apart and counting.  It still amazes me how, everytime we are seperated for an extended period of time, everything seems to become so much clearer.  I love B more than I ever imagined a woman could love a man, but we still have our rocky roads, our cookie doughs, and our s'mores.  This is a s'mores moment.  I want s'mores of my man.  
     The begining is always the hardest.  Going from having him around anywhere from some-a lot and then not at all.  He is my addiction, and I have been cut off--cold turkey.  And such is the military life.  I'm not complaining.  He's not in Iraq or Afghanistan, thank the Lord.  And he will be coming home to me eventually.  I just have to find a good routine.  A good, busy, distracting...routine.  But, no matter the routine, the nights are always the same.  Whether I'm stressing over a sick dog, comforting my confused daughter, or sitting around trying to force myself to sleep, the nights are always long, cold, and silent.
     I've heard others say they cheat because they are lonely.  Well I know loneliness, but mine cannot be subsided by anyone but B.  He is my better half, my everything, and my cliche.  Truth be told, I doubt he knows that.  I'll bet he doesn't know that he is the best man I have ever known.  And I love him not despite his flaws, but because of them.  They are a part of what makes him, him. 

     I'm sure some will read this and think it's pathetic, but I don't care.  He makes me want to be a better person.  Heck, I'm even trying to learn to cook!  Not exactly successfully...but I am trying.  

     I wasn't looking for love when I met him.  What I wanted and needed was a friend.  Little did I know, I was getting both.  Funny how things work out.  I suppose I should thank my sister for being so persistant with both of us.  

     So I shall end this with a prayer:
          
                      Thank You Lord for answering my prayers.  Thank You for blessing B and me with a beautiful, healthy, stubborn baby girl.  Thank You for all of the friends I have made along the way, and for the love and support they give everyday.  Thank You for my family and B's family and the unconditional strength and foundation they provide.  Thank You for my healthy, loving dog Natalie, who protects my house and those inside.  Thank You for today, tomorrow, and yesterday.  Thank You for Your Son, Jesus Christ, who died for ME.  And thank You, Lord, for every blessing, every rough patch, and every journey that has brought me to You and to where I am today.
     In Your name, AMEN!

"Parting is all we know of Heaven.  And all we need of Hell."    ~Emily Dickenson

Thanks for listening!

Carolina North.

1 comment: